Greetings readers! It’s a glorious day in Boston and it also happens to be a rest day for me after a 43.5 mile week. But just because it’s a rest day from running doesn’t mean it has to be a rest day from blogging about running. Today I have a great new giveaway for you but, first, a quick recap of last week’s training!
Sunday – Rest Day (my last Sunday rest day for some time
Monday – Rest Day
Tuesday – 8 x 600 meters @ 6:59 pace with 400 meter rest, 2 mile warm-up, 1.75 mile cool-down
Wednesday – 6 miles easy
Thursday – 10 mile tempo run (2 mile warm-up, 6 miles at tempo pace, 2 mile cooldown) with The Hub Running Club
Friday – 4 miles easy
Saturday – 11 mile run with Run For Research
Sunday – 4 miles easy
Overall a great week of training. Thursday’s run involved a bit of a tumble but I’m not going to let some scraped knees (and elbows) get in the way of my Boston training! Now, on to the giveaway!
Core Power, official protein drink of the Sochi Olympics (take that trademark law!), has given me the opportunity to get a sweet Core Power Fit-Kit in your hands. Before getting to that though, you’re probably wondering “what is Core Power?” Core Power makes milk-based, yet lactose-free according to Core Power, protein drinks containing a whopping 26g of protein per bottle for their 3 core flavors of banana, vanilla and chocolate and 20g of protein for the light version, which comes in strawberry-banana and chocolate.
Here you can see the nutritional info from the chocolate flavor:
Why should you drink Core Power’s protein drink? Well, here’s Core Power’s explanation of why their product is good for you:
- Milk protein contributes to muscle development while the natural carbohydrates of honey provide the energy to rebuild muscle and glycogen stores. Consumption of carbs with protein after a workout optimizes muscle recovery and growth.
- Made from fresh milk and real honey, one great-tasting, lactose-freeserving of Core Power provides athletes and fitness enthusiasts with26 grams of high quality fresh milk proteins, consisting of 21 grams of casein proteins and 5 grams of whey proteins. The light versions still pack a heck of a punch, serving up 20 grams of the same highquality fresh milk proteins.
- The unique nutritional profile of Core Power uses the best proteins and delivers calories that your body can actually use.
- Milk’s unique ratio of whey and casein proteins builds lean muscle while its vitamins and minerals keep the body healthy.
- Honey boosts athletic performance and endurance while reducing muscle fatigue.
Thus far, I’ve tried the the chocolate flavor and I’m happy to report that it is quite tasty, tasting like chocolate milk should taste, which is to say smooth, creamy, and chocolately. I’ve no doubt the other flavors are quite good as well.
Now, for the part you’ve been waiting for. Core Power wants to give one lucky reader a Fit-Kit, which contains a sweet gym bag that has compartments galore, yoga mat with carrier, stability ball (with pump), Camelbak water bottle, gym towel, and 3 bottles of Core Power protein drink.
Not bad huh? Of course, there are some things you have to do to enter to win, but nothing too onerous, I promise. If you’d like to enter to win this great Fit Kit from Core Power, click below to get to the Rafflecopter entry page! You have until 12:00 a.m. Thursday (which I believe also means midnight Wednesday) to enter!
Disclosure: I received one of these Fit-Kits as well, free, from Core Power in exchange for hosting this giveaway.